Senior Care Facilities
Your team of ProAssurance advisors includes attorneys, healthcare administrators, registered nurses, clinicians, and quality/performance improvement professionals. We work with you to identify risks and develop goal-oriented solutions. You benefit from practical risk reduction strategies that help you improve patient safety and satisfaction while mitigating loss. Access our Risk Resource staff via email or our helpline during regular business hours.
Culture of Safety
- The leadership team plans and implements a strategic vision for the organization. Leaders have the opportunity to encourage and reinforce clinical risk management with every employee, contractor, and clinician.
- Prioritize a culture of safety that will mitigate professional liability risk and enhance resident confidence.
- Leadership establishes a culture of safety through performance improvement, physician and staff engagement, and providing quality clinical care.
- Encourage participation in patient safety education and training for medical staff and employees and support development of new risk mitigation initiatives.
- The AHRQ culture survey helps identify areas needing improvement, and provides tools to enhance the culture of safety.
- Establish a chain of command (COC) protocol that empowers all employees to raise any perceived patient safety concerns with leadership without fear of retribution. Additional resources are available to assist leadership in developing a chain of command protocol, including: a sample policy, chain of command flowchart, and Risk Resource webinar.
COVID-19 Long Term Care Toolkit
Senior Care Risk Videos
The risks that senior living and long-term care facilities face are often broad, complex, and unique. However, identifying and understanding common risks may help mitigate liability. The following Senior Care Risk Videos aim to enhance risk management programs by addressing these areas of liability: Institutional Claims, Tracking and Follow-up, Arbitration, Understaffing, and Policy and Procedures.
Mike Iovine, Assistant Vice President, ProAssurance Senior Care, shares his insight in this Risk & Insurance article on how the senior care market is responding to new risks presented by COVID-19.
Senior Care Seminars